by LR Staff
- The endocannabinoid system is a complex signaling network in the body that is designed to promote homeostasis, or equilibrium, throughout the body. It was discovered accidentally in the early 1990s.
- This cell-signaling system exists in each and every one of us, and regardless of the external challenges that we may face, this system strives for internal process regulation to keep everything working optimally.
- The ECS consists of neurotransmitters, receptors, and enzymes which are designed to work harmoniously.
- While the human body needs inflammation to protect itself from infection, the regulation of unnecessary chronic inflammation is a good example of how a strong ECS has a positive impact on your overall well being.
- When threats to your biological balance emerge, signaling molecules called cannabinoids, within the ECS, bind to these receptors to trigger homeostasis throughout the body.
- The two different types of receptors in this system are called CB1 and CB2 receptors.
- CB1 and CB2 receptors both play very different roles in the body.
- CB1 receptors can be found primarily in the brain and throughout the central nervous system.
- CB2 receptors are primarily present in the immune system, organs, and tissues.
- The endocannabinoid system works to support and maintain homeostasis by combining cannabinoids with cannabinoid receptors which are located throughout our bodies.
- Without this vital system, your body would very quickly lose its ability to balance immune response, which could result in a wide variety of different complications disrupting many different essential functions of your body through poor communication between cells.
- The result is a negative influence on bodily processes, including appetite, digestion, stress, metabolism, and immune function downgrading your quality of life.
- Today, many people are seeking hemp-derived cannabinoids such as CBD, CBN, THCV to stimulate the Endocannabinoid system for homeostasis and physiological balance.
- Living Releaf.com is your source for high quality, small batch, hemp derived cannabinoids for sleep, anxiety, pain, inflammation, focus, stress and so much more.
- We want to be your resource for knowledge and comfort, so subscribe to our blog and learn about cutting edge products, industry research, and the movement of hemp to mainstream acceptance.
Also read in our blog: 'Simple Guide to the Endocannabinoid System'